July 10, 2017 by thebolinbunch
Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend! It feels like Friday was just 5 minutes ago!! The highlight of our weekend was my sister and her family coming over for our fish fry Friday night. After that, things went south very quickly! However, I was reminded of God’s favor on our life and everything turned out fine, so for that I am grateful.
Today I am joining my friend, Erin, at Perfectly Port Family for her 10 on the 10th link-up party. It is easy if you want to join. Just grab the graphic below and link back to Erin’s page discussing this month’s topic.
This month’s topic for July is 10 daily habits. I feel like I should have never tried to write this post in the summer time. My brain is in full summer time mode and we do things A LOT differently in our household during the summer months.
However, I thought long and hard and came up with 10 daily habits that I do during the regular school year. I am very routine based and like to have all my ducks in a row and I think these 10 daily habits help me accomplish this.
So, here they are, in no particular order:
1. Wake up early. I truly believe that the early bird gets the worm. I can not function with rolling out of the bed and heading straight to work. I have to give myself plenty of time to get ready, have quiet/prayer time, do a load of laundry, and get things prepared for supper that evening. The older I get, the more I enjoy having this early morning time to myself.
2. Take my iron pills. I am EXTREMELY anemic and have had to have a few blood transfusions to help with my iron levels. Ever since, I live on taking iron pills daily. If I don’t take them for a few days in a row, I really feel it.
3. Exercise daily. I give myself 30 minutes to exercise every day except Sunday. I have been waking up early this summer and going for a run first thing. On the days I don’t get to run, I try to walk in the evenings.
4. Prayer time and Devotion. Right now I am doing Kelly Minter’s Bible study, All Things New. I am not consistent at when I have my prayer and devotion time, but prefer to have it early in the mornings. To me, praying is an on-going thing throughout the day and doesn’t have to be this formal, long process. However, I do feel like you need to block some time out to worship God and read the Bible.
5. Eat supper at the supper table. Another daily habit that I do is cook every night for my family except for Saturday nights. We also make it a priority to eat supper at the supper table. At the supper table we go around the table and answer what was our favorite part of the day and worst part of the day. This always gets the girls talking about their day and helps them share more.
6. Set our clothes out the night before. This is a LIFESAVER! My girls do this now without even being told to. We all set our clothes out for the next school day from head to toe. It helps with those mornings where you might be running a little behind.
7. Drink a 44 oz. Rhodes Dr. Pepper. Horrible habit, but I need my caffeine fix.
8. Give one compliment out to someone. I am a very positive person and like to think I am very aware of other people’s feelings. Every day, I like to pick someone out at my school and give them a SINCERE compliment. It can be anyone: student, teacher, aide, cafeteria worker, etc. Whoever it is, I tell them face to face the compliment in hopes that it will brighten their day. I usually find myself giving out more than 1!
9. Make a to do list. I have mini goals that I want to accomplish every day. Usually when I get to school I make out my to do list of everything that needs to get done that day. Sometimes my list only has 2 or 3 things on it, sometimes it has 8 or 9. I try not to go to bed without my to do list done every day.
10. Tell Chris and the girls I LOVE THEM! This is an easy habit. I never want to go a day without telling my girls and Chris that I love them. Also, I usually try to kiss the girls every day, but Elizabeth is getting into that phase where mom isn’t very cool and is my least affectionate child, so I’m lucky to get a hug.
I am excited to read everyone else’s habits that they do on a daily basis.
Hope you all have a great Monday! I am actually kid-less and husband-less ALL day today and couldn’t be more excited! I need to go work up in my classroom for a few hours, but I think I will swim most of the morning by myself and then go shopping for the beach this afternoon.